Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thoughts for New Year's Week

Update: NO morning practice Monday, not sure about mornings at all this week. Stay tuned.

GENERAL

I hope you are enjoying your holiday break as much as I am. I've heard from friends all around the world, even talked to my sister up in Canada, on a real telephone, no less. Four days in a row off is nice, but we have catching up to do when we get back, then we have another break, and then we start new groups.

I see on the KA website we have new group regular practice scheduled Saturday; you can check out your group's practice times HERE.

The OFFICIAL last day of practice for the current 13-14 group structure will be Wednesday afternoon, Dec 30. I hope all of you 13-14s will be there for that FINAL PRACTICE, and we will try to do something special to mark that day.

For those of you coming with me to SLHS and the Senior Gold training group, we don't yet know what the Mon-Tue practices for Jan 4-5 will be, but Coach Troy will work something up and get it posted ASAP.

A BIG THANKS

I am very grateful for the individual remembrances of the season from those who gave personal gifts to both me and Coach Valerie (those cookies, candy, and pies/cakes are going to make my diet NECESSARY, lol!), and also to the entire 13-14 swimmer and parent group for the generous gift card. I can promise you I will put it to good use!

CHANGES

There will be some changes in how we do things in Senior Gold. There will be increased emphasis on regular and specific dryland (flexibility and strength building), there will be a new coach on deck with me, training time is increased to meet our needs, lane space is increased, the group is larger and more homogeneous. There are a number of other changes I will touch on this coming week, so stay tuned.

IN THE MEANTIME...

Enjoy Sunday, I will post here as soon as we find out our practice schedule for the first full week in January (Jan 4-9).

No comments: